Thursday 11 July 2013

Wingin' It


I'm a huge fan of winged liner & so I'm constantly on the hunt for eyeliners that are long lasting & afforable. I had my eye on the Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner for a while & after reading a number  of good reviews I made the purchase. I got this in Boots for £7.99 (which I thought was reasonable enough!). It's in the colour 08 Black Gold, and is pretty much a black gel with gold shimmer in it but appears a dark brown / bronze-y colour on the lids. The 'stay power' of this liner is brilliant!! I mean, I can wear it all day and it will not budge. It's also really pigmented & a little goes a very long way - I've had this for a month now and have used it every day - it still looks like I've only used it once!


The packaging is sturdy -it comes in a cute little glass pot with a silver cap aswell as a little brush for application. The brush is just the perfect size for lining the eyes & allows you to create lines however thick or thin you want! Overall, this product is great - it has all you'll ever need in 1 little pack , so whether I feel like wingin' it or keeping in subtle I'll definitely be reaching for this!!




Have you tried this product before?


Now Playing: Foals - My Number // Miike Snow - Paddling Out

12 comments:

  1. THis sounds great, I will have to try it out!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Thanks for your comment!
      Rachael x

      Delete
  2. I have this and really don't like it :( I just couldn't work with it.. I didn't find the gel applied smooth, it was kinda patchy/glupey in a way. But I think I have been using the wrong brush! I'm glad you liked it, shows I didn't waste my money.. I'm just doing it wrong x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to apply it very lightly, so I've never really experienced gloopyness whilst using it! Thanks for your comment!
      Rachael x

      Delete
  3. I have this and find i have to clean the brush after EVERY application as otherwise it all dries out. Although i do love the way it applies and stays. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I have followed you, follow me back if you like:)?

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my brush hardens up if I don't clean it daily too - bit of pain but I guess it's a good brush! I actually intended on following you after I commented but GFC was being stubborn! Off to follow you now! :)
      Rachael x

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this but it sounds really good, I'm always looking for an easy to apply eyeliner that doesn't smudge!
    I really like your blog as well, I've followed you :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it if you want a long lasting liner that can be applied really easily - it's pretty cheap for the length of time the product will last! Thanks for your lovely comment! :)
      Rachael x

      Delete
  5. I did a post on this too, i have mine in Intense Black :) xx
    http://lollylaura1991.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post! Glad you like this product too - it's great! Thanks for the comment!
      Rachael x

      Delete
  6. I have this liner and I love it!!.. I'm a sucker for Maybelline products.

    Girls Talk... Fashion, Beauty, and Life!

    Daniela X❤X❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Maybelline products too!! They're always so good!
      Rachael x

      Delete

Thanks for brightening my day! ☼
I read every comment left & each one makes me smile!